Stung by a bee on the nose. Taken allegex tablets, facial swelling. Will celestamines help?

Hi there. I was stung by a bee yesterday on my nose , while riding mountainbike. It did not swell to much initially but I took 2 allegex tablets last night. This morning when I woke up half of my face was swollen and I could hardly open my eye. I got some Celestamines and took one this morning and 1 again this afternoon. It is still badly swollen but I would like to know if it is safe for me to go cycling while using celestamine? Kind regards
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Thanks for your query,

Celestamine is a drug which is combination of a steroid and antihistamine. One of the common side-effect is sedation. If you are feeling the side-effect, i will advise you to take rest and not go for cycling. I hope i have answered your query. If there is any doubt, i will be available for follow-up.

Wish you Good Health,

Dr. Vipin Goyal