Struggling for breath after drinking alcohol. Poisoning or drugged?

hi was socialising a lot over the past week which involved drinking most days and night. I was struggling for breath the day/evening I stopped drinking, i thought it would pass. It didnt and I went to a Doctor but she said everthing was normal but did not check my bloods. I am afraid i could have alco poisoning or have been drugged? Hard to breathe
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
welcome to Healthcare Magic.

Excessive alcohol use can cause respiratory distress due to following reasons:
-Infection of respiratory tract.
-Aspiration during alcohol intoxication.
-Vitamin deficiency due to alcohol use.

It is good that you have stopped alcohol use. Same time get yourself evaluated for above conditions.

It is better to rule out chronic neurological cause also (Like motor neuron disease or myasthenia gravis) for respiratory problem.

Wish you good health and all the best.

Dr Ashish Kumar Mittal
www.99doctor.com