String like bump under tounge. Would cancer have shown up in the CBC ?

I have this very weird string like red bump under my tounge. I say bump because I thought it was a bump and then through messing with it relized it was more like a string. It s weird because I have a tooth on the same side of the bump that has a burning/tingling sensation, and my ear on that side has pressure in it and pain. The bump is under my tounge, but it s actually on the bottom of my tounge not the floor of my mouth. It has been there for probably almost 5 months and has not gotten smaller. I am a smoker, I have been one for 10 years. I just filled a percription for chantix though, and I am planning on quitting. I also am a recovering heroin addict and didn t brush my teeth for months at a time due to being homeless. Could this be mouth cancer? I just got braces and the dentist didn t say anything about it and neither did I because I thought it would go away but it hasn t. I also had a CBC done recently because I switched my primary care physician and the only thing that showed up was that I had a slightly high monocyte count. Would cancer have shown up in the CBC ? The string bump makes my tounge feel swollen and it burns a little. Please help and thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011