Stress fracture of calcaneum and talus. Prescribed forteo injection. Is there any side effects?

Dear Doctor, Hope you are well. I am 27 and am in the Air Force. My Sports Doctor has certified my Serum Calcium and Alkaline Phosphate levels to be perfectly normal. I have been diagnosed with stress fractures of the Calcaneum and the Talus. Would Forteo injection heal my stress fractures? I am very concerned about the side effects. I have a month of sick leave before i report again for my next phase of training. I am very keen on getting back to running and hence am seriously considering taking the Forteo injections for a month. However, the side effects i read about are quite alarming. Could you please let me have your valuable comments? Your kind reply would be highly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012