Stopped smoking, addiction to drugs and sex. Why am I gaining weight, have breathlessness? What can help?

i have recently put on weight, since stopping smoking and regular use of drugs, nearly 5 months ago. I seemed to be ok i had no health issues until i stopped all my addictions , these were drugs, tobacco, sex addiction, i also have food addictions. I have taken a total abstinence course but i eat foods that cause candida overgrowth in the past. I cannot run for more than 5 minutes without getting really out of breath, i have shortness of breath and have put on at least 10lbs in 5 months. i was 7half stones now i am likely to be 8.3 stones, i am only 5.1, this disturbs me. My father has heart problems, why am i more unfit now i have stopped all drugs?if all you will advise me is to have an examination, don t bother ask for payment, i will do that anyway.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012