Stomach upset, fatigue, chest and abdominal pain. On liquid diet. Treatment options?

hi i am asking this on behalf of my boyfriend, who has been sick for 4 days now. He has said his stomach will feel like its in knots, he has no fever , feels fatigued, and has chest and abdominal pains as well. he went to a health physician and they put him on a liquid diet but it didnt seem to work; he s been eating soup and bread and the food stays down but he just wants to know what he has. He was told it could be the flu but he doesnt think so; any ideas on what he might have?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013