Stomach pain, brown discharge. No fever, vomiting or nausea. USG shows presence of free fluid. Treatment?

My wife is having stomach pain for allmost 2 weeks.USG-whole abdomen shows all organs are intact with no calculi, but presence of free fluid in recto-uterine pouch , S/O Pelvic Inflammatory Disease .She is also having some un-usual discharge like brownish/reddish in colour.She has her periods normal.There is no fever or vomiting or nausea . I want to know the severity of the problem and its treatment.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013