Stomach pain. Normal blood test and urine test. Swollen stomach. Cause?

I have bEen having horrendous stomach pains over the last month or so. I have been to the doctors and have a blood test and urine test which all came back normal and I'm waiting on a scan. The pain can only be compared to labour pains and my stomach is swollen that I look like I'm pregnant (I'm not) I constantly feel sick and struggle to eat. Any idea on what could be causing this?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Sever stomach pain can be due to variety of disease like gastroenteritis, gastric ulcer, Irritable bowel syndromes. As you have no other symptoms like vomiting, change in bowel habits or fever etc then gastric ulcer is more likely and should be investigated properly.
In gastric ulcers usually pain aggregates after taking meals and relieved by taking milk and antacids.
Cyclopam can relieve pain due to stomach spasm.
Beside blood and urine test you may need H.pylori test and endoscopy to see detailed picture and bacteria which frequently causes stomach problems.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The 'stomach' is a huge area / it is difficult to suggest a diagnosis without details - right, left or centre / up, centre or down?
Also you have not stated your age, personal habits, or co-morbidities
Only an examination / scan / endoscopy can give a diagnosis

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck