Stomach cramps after eating anything. Some relief with anti gas pills. Possible reason?

I get stomach cramps or sharp pain before eating anything and it gets worse after eating anything , the pain lasts for several hours. I take some anti-gas pills when ever i get this pain , it only helps very lil . This is like on and off . I always wonder what could be the reason . I get this pain once in 3 months. I am 36, female, i get my periods regularly. Please help !
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Jan 2013
Do you have watery diarrhea/ vomiting/ spasmodic abdominal pain/ acidic belching?
With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of peptic ulcer disease.
Peptic ulcer disease is a combination of multiple pathology including nodular gastritis, follicular gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, adenocarcinoma and esophagitis.
Aggravation of pain on eating could be due to acute pancreatitis and cholecystitis and peptic ulcer disease.
You should also go for complete blood count, blood sugar both fasting and postprandial, serum amylase and lipase, serum electrolytes, ultrasound imaging and endoscopy & biopsy.
You should take proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics and antacids for relief of your symptoms.
You should avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits and oily spicy foods.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava