Stomach bloating, constipation. D&C done to curb heavy menstrual bleeding. History of bulky uterus, fibroids. Treatment?

I have been told I have a bulky uterus with large fibroids . I was given a d and c 4 years ago to see if that would help with the heavy bleeding during my periods and it seemed to help some temporarily. Recently however, I have almost constant bloat, constipation, frequent urination and backache and suspect it may be related to the fibroids. I am 50 yrs old, and the advice has been to wait it out as they will shrink at menopause but I am uncomfortable and hoping there is something I can do to make the waiting bearable. Help?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012