Stomach and back pain, heard there is a muscle that goes from the stomach to the spine that may cause this pain.

My niece has been in and out of the hospital for several months now with severe stomach and back pain. When she has these episodes, she cannot keep any food or liquids down. After a few days, the pain will subside, she'll eat and be right back in the ER. She has been to specialists and spent a lot of time in the hospital. I've heard there is a muscle that goes from the stomach to the spine that may cause this pain. What might that be?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013