Stitches, red puffy skin, yellow crusts. Cleaning with hydrogen peroxide. Treatment?

Hi, I got stitches almost two weeks ago (they are due to come out in two days) and they look pretty red and puffy. The skin has grown over a couple of them, and it looks like there is some yellow crustiness. I was told to clean with hydrogen peroxide at first, but then I read somewhere that it dries the wound out this late in the healing process. Do you think it s infected? And how should I clean it for the next couple of days? I also read that maybe I should be picking the scab off so that its doesn t scab while the sutures are still in. Thanks!
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012