Stitches in anus due to biopsy fell. Having painful bowel movements with bleeding. Normal?

General Surgeon
4 days ago I had asked a question re stitches in my anus due to a biopsy! I was helped by Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Gastroenterologist. I'd like to ask a further question! My stitch/es fell 2 days ago, but still with every BM it hurts and blood comes out (is it normal?)! Due to it's location in the anus will it take long to heal and when will the blood stop, bec i am worried. And i don't find the saline sitz baths effective. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 days later
Brief Answer:
The sutures might be absorbable ones

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX

The sutures that were applied could be absorbable ones. So,they will fall soon.
While passing stools, if the sensitive epithelium gets damaged, then blood will come.
It can be taken as normal.
You should use Betadine solution in sitz bath. It will be effective.
I prescribe Sucralfate syrup and Lignocaine anal ointment for quick healing and pain relief.
Please take high fiber diet.
Drink plenty of liquids
If the stools are soft, then it will heal quickly. The damage to the epithelium will also be less.

Hope i answered your query.
If you have any questions,i will clarify further
Wish you good health