Stinging wrist when applying pressure. Should I look into cause?

My wrist will have a sharp sting to it whenever i put pressure on it. For example i can feel the sting when i wash my hair and when i just put my hand on my hip. the pain is primarily branching from the wrist to the center. i feel the pain more on the bottom of my palm than top and it s fairly centered. i felt this pain about 7-9 months ago and it went away after maybe a month. is it something i should look into cause this is the 3rd time its flared up again.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012