Stinging, burning sensation in penis after using penis pump, normal urine and ultrasound test, have difficulty in erection. Permanent damage?

I used a penis pump for the first time last Tuesday and everything was fine for about 24 hours. I did have the donut effect for a couple hours afterward, but other than that the activity was uneventful. I went up to about 10 to 12 pounds of vaccum, but didn t have very good suction until about the last 5 minutes of so. Then I had to stop to do something else. About 24 hours later, I developed a stinging, burning sensation in my penis. It worried me so much I went to the emergency room. They did a urine test (found nothing) and an ultrasound of my testicles and penis and found nothing out of the norm. The stinging typically got worse in the mid afternoon and evening, and almost went away in the morning after a night of rest. I happened to query strecthed skin stinging and found multiple pregnant women with the same situation due to pregnancy. The recommendation was to put lotion of the affected area. I tried that and the stinging abated almost completely. However, I tried to get an erection a little while ago with no effect. Do you think I have any permanent damage (with regard to being able to get an erection in the future) since they saw nothing in the ultrasound at the ER? There is no pain within the inside of the penis, just a sunburn-like sting on the surface of the skin. Thank you very much. Anxiously awaiting your reply . . .
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012