Stinging after urination after getting pap smear done. Pap smear shows no infections. What could it be?

I had a pap smear Thursday and usually after a pap smear i never hurt or sting but this time i had a new doctor and i felt uncomfortable after that pap smear. It almost feels like early signs of a urinary tract infection so that same day i called to ask if that was okay and nurse said my urine test showed no signs of infections so it was probably becuase of the pap smear. It has now been 4 days and the stinging after urinating does not feel to be getting any better. I have started taking AZo s to see if that can help the stinging if i pee and it doesn t and now i am unsure of what s going on down there and if i may have got something after that pap smear. Before i went in i was fine. I dont have insurance so if it s nothing i would like to know if it s serious enough to go see the doctor again. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013