Sticky stools, burning sensation. Allergic to milk protein. Is this a sign of something serious?

My daughter has had sticky stools and she complains that it burns. She is three but this has been going on since I stopped breast feeding at a year old. Her pediatrician has thought it was an allergy to milk protein . We switched to soy milk and give her miralax in juice (about 2 tsp/day). This seemed to help however the last 4-5 days she is crying and refusing to go to the bathroom. She says she has to go but then cries on the toilet and wants off. Usually just a very little will come out. We have not given her milk so we are unsure as to why this has started up again. Do we just continue what we are doing or could this be a sign of something more serious?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013