Stents post minor heart attack, has difficulty in smoking cessation. What can be done to get rid of addiction?

My husband 56 yrs old had a minor heart attack last November and had two stents put in, one being the main artery they call the widow maker. He was a lucky, it did not damage his heart at all. We got him to hospital quickly and I gave him aspirin to chew beforehand. His dad died at 54 from heart attack. He is still smoking and can not seem to quit. He has tried everything. He smokes a half pk to one pk a day. How can I get through to him to quit. He only gets furious with me everytime I bring it up.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012