Startle reflex on sudden sound. Taking mirtazapine, lithium carbonate for depression, prostrate cancer. Cure?

I am a 65 year old male. For 30 years I have been receiving treatment for depression, mostly ineffective until ten years ago when I was put on venlafaxine (225mg) and lithium carbonate (600mg). Over the last year I have also been taking mirtazapine (15mg) and, for prostate cancer , oxybutynin (5mg). I don t smoke or drink and am not overweight. Physically I feel fine. However, over the last couple of years I have been experiencing an exaggerated startle reflex at the slightest sudden sound. It doesn t even have to be an unexpected sound. If a person sneezes twice, I startle twice, even though I m expecting the second sneeze. In the last few months this has become worse. I now jump and yelp when the telephone or doorbell rings. Embarrassing in the theatre where an actor suddenly starts to speak. In addition to starting, I also feel a sense of shock, even though there s nothing to fear. Can I do anything about this? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012