Starting birth control pill the day before period, please give your suggestion

Hello there. I have been taking a break from Marvelon and decided to restart taking the contraceptive pill today. My period is not due for another day or two and I know this is not ideal - do I wait for my period to start (will it even come now that I have taken the first pill?) and then continue taking it or do I continue taking the pill as normal (and if so, do I need additional contraceptives, and for how long?) Many thanks for your advice.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Apr 2010
Hi....dear user...,
welcome to HCM...,
Thanks for query...,
Marvelon also one of the contraceptive pill...but here Desogestrel is present..,
first you aware the Contraceptive usage...
Contraceptive pill (COCP)..,
it contains both oestrgen and progeterone...,
It provides effective contraception from......
very first pill in the 28 day Menstrual cycle .....,
It should be started within 5 days of the beginning o f cycle...
It provides effective contraception after 7 consecutive days-
use of active pill......
So a backup method of contraception must be used until -
active pills have been taken for 7 consecutive days.....
contraception may be impaired by missing of the one pill, delay in starting of pill,..
vomiting due to intestinal malabsorption...,
So regular intake of pill is important...there is placebos in the pill pack..,
it contains only iron to combat the menstrual blood loss....,
So use of COCP is very know the futher details go and search..
in ONLINE or advise from of luck...,
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The only purpose of stating the birth pill on day one of the menstrual period is to avoid disturbing the regularity of the period.. To explain, if you are going to start the pills before you periods are, you may not get the periods on the expected day as you are on the pills. Similarly you would be finishing the pills before the expected days which would induce the  withdrawl bleed..

If you want to avoid these irregularities, it is better that you start the pills on the first day of periods. You may be on other mode of contraception till then, if you cannot avoid sexual relationship before the start of the pills...