Started spotting. Should I be concerned or go for specialist advice?

i dont really like going to the doctors so im hoping you can help a little. the last 2 days going to the toilet, there has been blood on the toilet paper but not my period, yesterday just a few drops of blood but today there was a least 2 spoons in the bowl to change the toilet water. it was bright red. question is is there something i can do or take with out going to the doctors to get a check up.?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Mar 2014
Hi and welcome to health care magic,

There are a few histories that are important for me to provide you a better consultation.

It would help to know if you are using contraceptives, your age, previous pregnancies etc.

However with the above history You must first rule out a pregnancy if you are not on contraceptives by a urine pregnancy test. If it is negative the commonest cause of bleeding is hormonal imbalances and fibroids [non cancerous tumors] of the uterus. Cervical conditions like polyps may also produce bleeding. So you will need an examination by a gynecologist to determine the cause.

Do not worry. They are common and treatable conditions.

Hope I was able to help.
Thanks for using HCM
Dr Madhuri Bagde
consultant Ob gyn