Started forming patch on scalp. Prescribed minitop Foam 2% and keraglo. How to detect androgenetic alopecia?

i have started forming a patch on my scalp . Its very small to detect though unless combed in the wrong manner. I rushed to a dermatologist . He has prescribed me Minitop Foam 2% to apply and some keraglo medicines to eat. Now, i see in my search that its prescribed for androgenetic alopecia . Can you explain how to detect if its alopecia? And, what is androgenetic alopecia? I am 24yrs, Female. Will be glad to see a reply soon.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013