Stage 1 throat cancer, on radiation therapy, having dry throat, difficulty in swallowing. When will I recover?

I was diagnosed with a throat cancer on april 2012 (left vocal chord). I received a laser surgery and I am in process of receiving a radiation therapy (28 cessions which I completed 20 cession so far). I still have a dry throat and very difficult to swallow . My question is considering my cancer was in stage one how long will it take to recover my voice and how will I know if the concer is completely gone. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012