Stabbing pains, muscle spasms. MRI showed thecal sac distortion. Could this be the cause?

I ve had an anterior and posterior fusion at the L4/ L5 level back in 2000 and a artificial disc replacement in Sept. of 2008.I ve recently had some increased levels of pain. Stabbing pain and severe muscle spasms.I recently had an MRI that showed that L1 thru L5 disc spacing looks good but they made mention of some thecal sac distortion.Can this be the reason for my increased level of pain? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Rod
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013