Spreading pimples behind the ear. Biopsy report shows non-cancerous. Is there a treatment?

My dad s had a small pimple on the upper back of his ear, it was irritating so he rubbed it and from then on a small pimple this area started to spread into black skin and it now has spread all the way to the front of the ear covering a third of it. My dad is indian. He wishes to know if there is a treatment for this, he has been to the doctor and hospital they did biopsy and the results came back non cancerous. doctor says no treatment is available on the nhs. Please advice if this is common problem with other people and if there is any treatment available to get his ear back to normal.
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013