Spotting before periods. History of normal periods. Pregnant?

Normally my periods are regular but since we have been ttc i have started to spot and cramp a bit five days before my expected period on two occasions. We have been ttc for 8 months and this has happened two of those months. The first time my period came normal flow on the 28 day after spotting on and off for the five days previous to that. This time i just started spotting and cramping today but period not due until the 10th. What could this be if anything?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012