Spotting and itchiness after sex. What does a sore, dry vagina with brown discharge suggest?

So I fooled around with my bf the other night and I kinda started bleeding I didn t think anything of it, the next morning I shaved and a few hours latter I got really itchy. The next day I was spotting, my vagin is sore,dry and itchy I now how brown discharge . I don t know what do I m scared and im a virgin so I don t want to tell my mom. I use vagicil wipes hoping that would help it just burned. Do you know what is wrong?
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Hello.

From your description it seems that you are having an infection and inflammation of the vulva- vulvovaginitis.
Local application of steroid based antiseptic cream will be helpful. You can get such cream for your nearest pharmacy. In case there is any foul smelling discharge or burning perisists, then specific treatment by gynecologist is required.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com