Spotting after having sex, negative pregnancy test. Family history of cancer. What could be wrong?

Hello! So, I will start from the beginning, I track my periods/fertile times, so on. I was ovulating on the 4th of this month, I was also intimate. I had spotting only when I wipped from around the 9th to the 11th of this month, I expected my period Tuesday the 15th and it is the 30th, still not here yet. I have had a blood pregnancy test done and it was negitive. I have killer heartburn , i want to rip peoples faces off(not litterally people)... cancer runs in my family....what could be wrong? I do not have insurance to just show up somewhere asking questions...
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi!you could be having something as simple as an erosion on the cervix .erosions cause the outer part of the cervix to become very vascular and are a result of plain hormonal changes(menstrual,pregnancy ),or infections .postcoital bleed however warrants that you go to your gynaecologist and have a pelvic clinical examination and a pap smear/liquid based cytological testing done to rule out cancer,precancerous lesions ,HPV testing and also know the cause of such bleeding.Also your doctor might advise colposcopic biopsy of the cervix if pelvic examination shows a suspicious lesion in the cervix/or if the LBC report is abnormal .