Spots on arm, sore, inflamed throat. Taken antibiotics, anti-inflammatory tablets. What could be the reason?

I have been in contact with my granddaughter who had chicken pox at the time - my mother told me she was not sure whether I had chicken pox as a child - 1 week later I had two very bad spots on my arm but that was all, followed by a very bad inflamed throat which my Doctor told me if I had not had my tonsils out would be tonsillitis I was given anti biotics and anti inflammatory tablets to take away the sore and swollen throat. My throat feels a lot better but I still am very hot, can this be a strain of chicken pox or just a coincidence that I caught this.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012