Spot on leg, burning sensation, dark red with brown pigmentation, sensitive if rubbed. Treatment?

I got a spot on my leg that felt like it was burning and even my jeans felt like it was hurting it. When I checked it, it was light red and looked irritated so I didn t think anything of it, a couple of days later it turned into an acute red color but it shrank down to about 1 by 2 spot and there are darkish(slightly brown pigmentation in the center it s not swollen or itchy, but sensitive if rubbed. What could this be and should I get it checked?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012