Sportsperson, both achilles tendons very sore for first 15 mins of run, calves sore. What's the problem ?

Hi there, I have been keen, sportsperson for years and never recorded an injury of any kind. I took up running abut 9 years ago, not seriously but regularly enough. Last year an or about a year, both my achilles tendons were very sore for the first 15 mins of a run. After the 15 mins or so they warmed up and discomfort went away. Discomfort returned after the run after a period of going from rest to standing or getting up in the morning. Again, all would be resolved on warming up with eneral movement. I changed my runners and all discomfort disappeared, no inflammation or tenderness in the Achilles tendons. However, immediately my calves (both) get quite sore when running and after running. The quads feel strong when running but I feel I am running more flat footed and this is making my running more laboured and my calves sore. I have not consciously changed my running style but previousy I would have been runner who strikes the ball of my foot when running. I would prefer this latter style. Could it be that my new runners are forcing a new running style but my legs are better conditioned to my older running style? I just do not have the bounce I had previously. Would welcome your opinion.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013