Splotchy reddish bruise on the knee, skin sensitivity. Had ear infection and back pain. Chances of blood disorders?

I have a splotchy, red bruise just above my left knee . It has come and gone over the past two months. I saw a doctor for an ear infection and back pain two months ago, and pointed it out - he said it was proba ly nothing. But now I am worried because a larger, quarter size circle, though mot a perfect circle, has formed in the same ahade of bruising - almost resembling a deep hot pink color. The skin is slightly sensitive to the touch, and very slightly warmer than the surrounding skin. Any idea on what this could be? It is really starting to worry me because a year ago when I was at the emergency room, the doctor said there was something abnormal with my blood results. When I went two months ago they said the same thing, but from a retest it seemed normal. Could something be wrong blood-wise that causes this bruise, that could fix itself and return?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012