Split on head, have a throbbing bump on the site of stitches. What can be done?

I was knocked to the ground and split my head to the point where i needed 7 stitches on the same side of this throbbing bump. The bump is right under the now scare from this incident. It s been 3 and a half weeks since this happend and now I m wondering weather i should go see the same doctor that took the stiches out or pay 20 more dollars and see a neurologist . Can some tell me what they think may be going on? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012