Splinter stuck deeply into the finger tip, has broken half way below the surface. Quick remedy?

While working on our farm this afternoon I fell and stuck a splinter deeply into the tip of my ring finger on my right hand . There was very little blood and it broke off way below the surface. It feels as though it is under my fingernail on the opposite side of where it went in. I am in harvest and know I need to see a Dr. Is there any way I can deal with this properly without being rendered unable to work when my family needs me so badly at this particular time of year? The splinter is from a wooden plank on the side of a trailer that I fell off of, Would it be visible on an x-ray? Dan
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012