Spinal pain, difficulty sitting straight. X-ray shows L5 sacralised. Treatment?

Doctor my son Aditya Saraswat is suffering severe back ache in his spine and finds difficulty in sitting straight as for the last i year he use to sit for long hours to study for preparing for his competitive exams but for the last one month he is suffering from pain in his back and shoulders and now he is unable to undertake journey by bus even for 15 Kms bus jopurney in Kolkata. My family Doctor dvised for an X_Ray (L.S.Spine (AP+LAT)) and his x_Ray report indicates L5 ias sacralised - Disc soaces are normal - Both sacro - iliac joints are normal . Please advice what treatment or exercise my son should do.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012