Soreness, redness on the scar post removal of cancerous tumor on the anal region, feel better during the break from chemo. Does chemo slow down the healing process?

Hi I had a operation to remove an abcess from outside my bowel,which they found a cancerous tumour which the surgeon cut out. Very soon after they started a chemo course of which is a precaution measure in case of anything left,despite the fact the lymph glands seemed clear.My question is does the chemo treatment slow down the healing process slow down on my scar as it is still sore and red/pink.When I have my break(one week) from chemo it seems to feel better. Its now 16/17 weeks since the operation. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012