Sore throat with inflammation. On ibuprofen. Throat congestion, difficulty in breathing. Need further treatment?

I've had a sore throat for over a week and went to the doctors on Friday. They looked in my mouth and said that the top was a little red and inflammed. They just told me to continue to take iburofen, which does ease the pain. When I move my tongue, it feels very tense and feels like the muscles in my mouth are contracting, and it's making it difficult for me to move it, and making me breathe a little heavy. Can you suggest any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013