Sore throat, weird taste in mouth, unable to swallow. What could it be ?

I have a really sore throat that started today. I had a weird taste in my mouth this morning and right now my sore throat is keeping me awake. All I really want to do is cry from the pain. I can t touch my chin to my chest because it hurts inside my throat and it hurts like you wouldn t believe t swallow . What could it be? Should I stay home from school tomorrow? (I don t have a technically have a fever but my temp is higher than my normal. Normal is 97.3 it s at 98.4)
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012