Sore throat, swollen neck during vacationing followed by ear pain during swallowing which is reducing gradually. Is treatment required?

While vacationing in Mammoth, my 15 yr old daughter developed a sore throat and swollen neck on the left side of throat three days before returning home. She had ear pain when she swallowed for about a day. For two days she said it felt weird to swallow, but she was active and no fever . The swelling seems to be going down now that we ve returned, and she insists she feels fine. Is this worth a trip to the doctor or should I simply monitor the swelling to make sure it indeed goes away now that we are back home? Doesgoing to a high altitude have anything to do with this?
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012