Sore throat, running nose, headaches. Taking cough syrup, honey drinks. H3N2 viral infection?

I have had flu symptoms for the past 7-8 weeks, with sore throat , chesty cough, runny nose, headaches, tiredness. Have been to my GP twice and all he can say to me is that is a Virus and give me tons of pills & antibiotics. Its really getting me down. I am from xxx & apparently there is a H3N2 Flu virus spreading through the country. What is this? What do u recommend? I am taking cough syrup , cough lollies, lemon & honey drinks & nothing seems to help. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012