Sore throat post treatment for ear infection, swallowing difficulty. Normal?

I developed a cold about a week or two ago that consisted of an ear infection , bad cough , sore neck, runny nose, lots of flem and mucus developed more as time went on. Usually when i get sick i stay sick for about two weeks. The cough is slowly getting better, ear infection is gone, no sore neck, nose is slightly runny with mucus, but i have developed a sore throat on the right side that hurts when i swallow and also hurts when i drink cold water. Throat is slightly red but i can t tell if it swollen then usual. I do know the right tonsiles are usually bigger hen he left side even when important not sick. Is it normal for a sore throat to developed this late into a cold?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013