Sore throat, phlegm, fever. Taking Neurofen. What is it? Had tonsils removed

Hello, i have had a sore throat for a week now, i have phlegm in my throat and a slight fever. my throat hurts in my voice box region and the phlegm is in that area also. i have no blocked or runny nose , no headaches and i have just been taking nurofen for the fever. could you please give me some advice as to what it is? i have had my tonsils taken out so its hard for me to tell if its a throat infection as my tonsils would swell up and get full of puss quickly and it was an obvious sign of a throat infection.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012