Sore throat, flu, fever, swelling, abnormal WBC count, swelling in lymph node. Taken ceftriaxone. Worry about leukemia?

I went in 2 weeks ago thinking I had sore throat or flu got antibiotics but a week later felt worse. I went back and when Dr saw I was still swollen, fever, sore, etc she ordered blood test. It came back with having a wbc of 0000+ and my lymph nodes under chin/ear are swollen. My doctors entire body language, voice and sense of urgency changed and she began quickly talking to nurses she had called into room with us. As they were talking I asked what was wrong and she told me wbc was above 0000 and she is concerned about leukemia.I had a cousin die of leukemia a few years ago but we were not close so I do not know of her symptoms etc. I have to go back this Wed to get CBC rechecked. Why would Dr say leukemia if it wasnt a real concern or am I worried for nothing? I have tried ceftriaxone 1 GM injection, betamethasone sod phos & acet ^ injection,azithromycin 250 oral (complete) and flonase nasal spray
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013