Sore throat, dry cough, migraines, vomiting, itchy. Am smoker

4 weeks ago, I had a sore throat which I believed was the start of a possible flu or virus.. I started getting a dry cough however for a week I had no other flu symptoms . Ive had this very cough for 4 weeks now, my throat is itchy but have been told by a doctor that there s no sign of infection- I get migranes from coughing so violently and I often vomit from coughing so much. When I start to cough, it lasts for about 3-5 minutes. It s dry and not much mucus comes up at all, my throat is extremely itchy and its almost as if I can t actually stop the cough from happening. Having this cough has meant that for 4 straight weeks I haven t slept a full night of sleep, I ve coughed for over half of a day and most of a night, it s left me with an extremely painful chest when I breath in and out. Again, my body doesn t ache as if this were some sort of virus or flu or cold . I ve taken a pack of flu tablets over the course of 4 weeks, drinker 3 bottles of dry cough mixture and haven t had anything BUT water, I have to add I m a smoker - smoking up to about 8 a day possibly less. For the past 3-4 days I ve stopped smoking which hasn t even helped the cough. please help! I need my sleep back!!!!
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012