Sore throat, cold sores on the tongue. Diagnosed with tonsillitis. Will smoking marijuana affect the healing process?

I was diagnosed today was tonsillitis after experiencing about a week of symptoms: sore throat and seemingly invisible little cold sores on the tip of my tongue. Physically I feel fine, but I was wondering how smoking marijuana might affect my healing . I know that it s not good for you and that it certainly won t speed up the healing process, but are there any risks I should know about specifically regarding the pot in combination with the tonsillitis? Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012