Sore lymph nodes in neck, back of the throat with enlarged right tonsil, cough with phlegm, fever. Reasons ?

Hello, currently I have very sore lymph nodes in my neck , red back of the throat with enlarged right tonsil-one small white spot on it. A persistent cough, feels like there is lots of phlegm in the back of my throat. 2days ago I felt very unwell with chills/temperature, muscle aches and generally feeling tired, now the temperature has disappeared I don t feel overly unwell. What do you think this could be? Is it worth seeing my GP?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012