Sore breasts, weight gain, cramps. Stopped nuva ring. Pregnancy or side effects of stopping birth control?

I have been experiencing extremely sore breasts and nipples the last week, I ve also gained about an inch to my waist . I have not changed my eating habits which are really very healthy and my exercise routine has not changed. I just stopped taking the nuva ring about a month ago and wonder if this is a side effect or if I m pregnant? I m due to start my period in about a week but I never experience pre period side effects. Sometimes I may get slight cramping but not until the exact moment I have stated my period. Could this be a side effect from not taking the nuva ring?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013