Social anxiety and depression, people make me hyperventilated. What is going on?

I suffer with social anxiety and depression . Growing up everyone would say i was shy. Even when i was at school, the teacher said to my parents that he had never heard me speak but had no worries because my grades were good. I never socialise. Just the thought of all those people makes me hyperventilate, feel like i am having a heart attack . I imagine how everything is going to be and who is going to be there and oh my God if she comes over talking to me i will die. If i am in a group of 3-4 people and one asks me a direct question, i can feel everyone looking at me waiting for me to answer. My head starts to shake and i am trembling and then have forgotten the question. At this point i just want the floor to open so i can fall through it. I know its not a lot of money for an answer but i was recently made redundant and i am only going to get the answers i already know. It still won t solve the problem. I am not paying for something i have had to live with all my life. These websites are all the get so far and then oh we forgot to mention to you. You have to pay for an answer.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013