Small round pocket of fluid on lower front tooth gum, receding gum. Reason, treatment?

Hi, my 8 year old had a small round pocket of fluid on his lower front tooth gum. It went dark and then seemed to get better but then the gum disappeared in that spot. Now his gum is quite lower than the gum on his other teeth . The dentist hasn t said anything but I am worried that it seems to be receding more. Any idea what this could be? What can we do for this? Is there treatment so he doesn t loose his tooth?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012