Small red painful bump on labia minora before periods. Is it hormone related?

I am 39 years old, married with 2 children. For the last 3 months about a week to 2 weeks prior to my menstral cycle I get a single small, red, painful bump on my labia minora . It is about the size or a tic tac or smaller. It never develops a head, does not burst and does not look like a wart or blister . It most closely resembles a red pimple . It will be sore for a few days then begin to go away and be completely gone within a week to week and a half. Could this be hormone related since the bump always preceeds my period by a week or so? I will be scheduling an appointment with my gyn but in the mean time I was hoping to get some insight into what may be going on.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  186 Awaiting Answer